Tuesday 7 June 2011

Cats!

I woke up this morning with no plans of what to draw but today has turned into a cat day. I am having to draw from memory though as our lazy cat appears to have taken to our bed and is showing no signs of moving until hunger pangs set in at tea-time. I love cats, they are so aloof and self-assured. They have character and personality. That's not to say I don't like dogs. I do. From a distance. When I was 2 years old I was bitten on the face by a particularly unfriendly Pekinese and ever since I have tried to maintain a healthy distance between myself and any dog. I went on a particularly traumatic french exchange trip aged 15 and stayed with a family that owned the most gargantuan hound I have ever seen! It's head was shoulder height and it slobbered constantly. I was happy to come home. Anyway, when I have finished drawing my cats I plan to tackle my fears and draw some little doggies. I suspect though that I will be sticking to cute little puppies and definitely not monster hounds! I might even have a go at needle-felting one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment but try to be nice because if you are naughty then a little kitten will cry.